Update on Road Works Northwich Town Centre
Monday 14 March to Saturday 19 March 2016
Main traffic disruptions:
· The traffic management will continue as the previous couple of weeks with all lanes at the roundabout narrowed down to single lane approaches/exits to allow safe working space around the roundabout.
· Note that the diversion route for pedestrians, away from Leicester Street, will remain in place as the footway along Leicester Street has now been dug up. The diversion is the pedestrian crossing on A559 across to Station Road into Old Warrington Road and back into Leicester Street.
Specific work areas:
· Works will continue on Station Road, east of A559, to complete footway, kerbing, street lighting and utilities works to the perimeter of the new car park at this junction.
· Works continuing on the verge area between Station Road around into Leicester Street to carry out proposed new carriageway widening. And also widening of both sides of Leicester Street working in the verge area. Leicester Street will remain open to two-way traffic but lanes may be slightly narrowed down.
· Works will also continue on removing some of the existing splitter islands around the roundabout.
· Also works preparing for Utilities diversions will begin in Hadfield Street Car Park area.
· BT will be in Old Station Road carrying out works.